Sunday, August 16, 2009

Twirly Skirt Update and Random Thoughts...

So I was just browsing through the Fall 2009 issue of Twist Collective http://twistcollective.com/2009/autumn/magazinepage_01.php and found something I really want, but I'm starting to get stressed about all the projects I need to get finished up by Christmas. I don't ususally do this, but I might make a list: Things for me, Things for gifts, and Things for other people that aren't exactly gifts. This is the hat I want to make for myself http://twistcollective.com/2009/autumn/magazinepage_07.php but I need another hat and another project like a couple new holes in my head. I think the perfect compromise will be to buy the pattern and sit on it until I have some time to concentrate on one thing for a few days. I'm planning a trip out to Indiana to visit friends this Winter or next Spring and that might be the perfect project for that trip. Small enough to carry and work on during the plane ride but challenging enough to keep me engaged for a few days with no other projects to turn to for variety. Tell me this tam doesn't scream "HOLLY!!"

Yesterday was blazing hot, but I'm trying to get my porch painted, so I was out there from 9AM - Noon. My room mate was kind enough to put in three hours of hard labor sanding (I have an electric sander, but we both have carpal tunnel and the vibrations don't do either of us any good) and priming. The problem is that we are both too tired and it's already about 85 degrees (at 10AM) so we probably won't paint today. I really want to get the stair risers done because they are all taped, so maybe I'll do that tonight when it starts to cool off.

I probably only did three rows on my twirly skirt yesterday, but I haven't put up a photo lately, and it really is looking good. Munchie jumped up on the island as soon as I put down the background sheet, because she has to be in the middle of everything. Whenever I take pictures of my works-in-progress, Munch is just out of frame. Meow.


So here is my Twirly skirt. The top tier is 5 7/8" and the middle tier is 3 7/8". I have two more inches to go and I'll begin the next tier. I'll be doing some knitting today, but I doubt I'll get two inches done. Plus, I want to work on my afghan.


Like a good doobie, I've been organizing my needles, which is a much bigger project than I thought it would be. The needle organizer on Ravely is pretty cool b/c we can add notes to all our needles. For example, I've found FIVE sets of sz 6 double pointed needles (so far) and I can know what they are without hunting through my zip pouch of dpns. Brittany 5", Takumi 5", Susan Bates 7", Aero 9" and Susan Bates 10". Would somebody please come over and hit me over the head? It appears that I keep buying the same needles over and over....

No comments:

Post a Comment