Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Introductions please...




So this is my first post...wish me luck!


I guess I'll call this project #1 because I work on it the most. It is #28 Lace Afghan by Tanis Gray, published in Knit.1 Magazine, Spring/Summer 2009. I'm using KnitPicks Cadena; which is a bulky weight, 70% Wool, 30% Superfine Alpaca yarn. This is on size 13 needles, so it knits up pretty fast. I'm not using a life line, so I'm living on the edge... Actually, last night I knit about one row past where I should've stopped. I tinked half a row so far (to tink is to knit backwards, or unknit stitch by stitch), and I have about half a row to go until I get to my mistake stitch. I'm not one of those people who believe that an error should be left in a project. If I can get to it, I fix it. If it's bad, I frog. This photo was taken last week, so I'll try to have someone take a picture with me holding this up. It really looks good. I love the pattern, and I'm happy with my choice of yarn. If it were for me, of course it would be blue...


No comments:

Post a Comment