Friday, August 7, 2009

Next Project...Flora

So I'll barely mention the performance of my beloved Red Sox last night. It was so bad that I could hardly watch. Luckily my friend D came over to pick up her kayak around 10:00, so that was a welcome break from the carnage.
Today I'll do a couple quick introductions before putting up my next project.
The first photo is my Domestic Shorthair, Tubby. Her real name is Miss Midnight's Starry Sky, because she deserved to have a fancy name like her pedigreed sibling (but we don't stand on ceremony around here).
The second photo is my Oriental, Munchie. Clearly, Munch is fancy. She is a Lavender Oriental Shorthair, and her real name is Sinergia's Princess Violet of Tlu. Imagine a baby that screams its head off non stop, and that's what I live with. For those people unfamiliar with Siamese and Orientals, they are very social, and need nearly constant attention. Maybe someday I'll post a video of Munchie when I run out of knitted UFO's.
Today's work in progress is Flora, by Margaux Pena. I've completed one in brown and multi, and I'm working on one in magenta and lavender. The yarn is Manos del Uruguay silk blend (one hank each color) on size 7 needles, with some of each color left over when the project is complete.
The purple one is resting because I'm trying to make a dent in my twirly skirt. I could probably finish it in two or three hours, so maybe I'll bang it out this weekend...

1 comment: