Monday, August 24, 2009

Still no computer...No pictures for you!

My home computer has been down for over a week now; actually IN the shop since last Tuesday. It was awful not having it over the weekend...I raced into the office this morning to check the activity on a credit card that has been MIA for a couple days, and then called the company to freeze the card and order a new one. I realized I didn't have it when I went to pay for a couple patterns at Minds Eye Yarns on Saturday morning, although I didn't really think someone took it. It's probably in the pocket of the pair of pants I was wearing the last time I bought gas, and it'll turn up as soon as I get my new card. Better safe than sorry.

Yes, I went to check out Minds Eye in Porter Square. I was very proud of myself - I only bought three of Jen Hagen's patterns, and I didn't buy any yarn. They have spinning classes in this shop; a tidbit of trivia that I'll file in the back of my mind for later use. I'd love to learn how to spin, but I just cannot do anything else at this time. Seriously. BTW, the woman who owns the shop was very nice.

The weather here is still hot and crazy humid. I just couldn't bring myself to finish the front steps. My yardsale is this coming Saturday, and I'll just have to take comfort in the fact that the stairs look 100% better than they did before I stained them and primed the woodwork for painting. I can only do so much. And to add insult to injury, my dishwasher is now broken. What the hell? In the last three weeks, I've had to repair my central air, I've had to install a new sump pump, my computer caught FaceBook herpes, and my dishwasher died.

On a more productive note, my afghan and twirly skirt are cruising toward completion. I'm probably about 60% done w/ the afghan. I finally broke down over the weekend and started using a life line after each pattern repeat. I think I'm getting lazy, and I was ripping (actually tinking) more than I was knitting. Taking out lace is such a pain in the ass, and I just kept taking out and reknitting the same 12 rows. Now I'm back on track. I have completed one inch of the eight inches needed to finish the skirt. It is really quite rockin', but it is SOOO SLOW...eight gazillion stitches and all. ;)

1 comment:

  1. If you ever decide you're serious about wanting to try spinning let me know. I actually have a spinning wheel (the modern kind) up in my attic. Back in high school, I used to spin and my mother would weave.... You'd be more than welcome to borrow it long-term...

    ReplyDelete