Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen...The Twirly Skirt!
















Today I am presenting my Tink's Twirly Skirt by Jill Stover of Yarns in the Farms, Beverly Farms, Mass. I loved this skirt when I saw it on Jill, who is awesome, BTW (Yay Jill!). Nice and light for the summer, and because it's linen, it has a great drape. I'm using four skeins of louet Euroflax 100% Wet Spun Linen in Aqua. The eyelet on the edge is actually the waistband where the i-cord drawstring will go and I'm knitting down toward the knee. I'm on size 3 needles, and the yarn is very fine, so it is kind of slow going. I have about two inches to go before I start adding TONS of stitches, so it'll be getting quite a bit slower according to Jill. The Sox are playing the Yankees tonight, so I'm hoping to get two inches done while watching the game. Ambitious? Yeah, but that's the kind of gal I am. Actually, I want to get this done in time to wear it THIS summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment