Thursday, August 20, 2009

A link in lieu of a photo...

So I'm on day four with no home computer...talk about isolation! No email, no mapquest, no google, NO RAVELRY! My friend B said she had a sweater in mind that I would like and sent me the following link:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter07/PATTabotanicity.html

I really like it, and may add it to the queue. (Although I wish it wasn't knit in sock yarn, sheesh. A sweater knit in sock yarn? That's even worse than my slow moving twirly skirt.) I would make it in a lighter color so that the lace skirt is more visable and maybe a smidge longer to be worn w/ leggings and boots. Cute. Thanks, B.

Preparing for a yard sale is a really overwhelming process. I have crap everywhere. Bags of clothing that had been slated for donation, bins of off season (and even current season) clothes I don't wear, bins of craft supplies, books, random housewares...all stuff I need to go through before it makes it onto the mountain of sale items in my foyer. My goal next week is to not beg or pay people to take stuff off my hands. That would rather defeat the purpose, as this IS a money making endeavour afterall.

I also need to put some of my stash up on Ravelry. When Berroco Medley was discontinued, I became obsessed with it and camped out on eBay bidding on every ball that came up. Now I have so much that I can't bear to look at it. It's a really cool yarn that has multi color bits running thoughout. It's great for bags because it felts into a thick, nubby, dense colorful fabric. I'm sure someone at some point will offer to take that off my hands. It retailed for about $8.95 per, and I must have at least 40 in various colors. Yikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment