Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday is Knitting Night!

It is Tuesday, so my knitting group is meeting tonight. More often than not, everyone comes to my house. We watch the Red Sox (tonight vs White Sox), look at patterns any of us have picked up since we last met, and admire progress made on UFOs. The group started a couple years back with two other founding members. Unfortunately one of us passed away, so my "group" chugged along as a two-some for two years. In the last 6-8 weeks, we've welcomed four (!) new members...five if you count our youngest member who started attending at 2 1/2 weeks of age. She's only been to a couple meetings, so she really hasn't mastered anything to speak of. And she appears to be bored, because she sleeps most of the time...

I've been putting a lot of time into my twirly skirt, and my carpal tunnel is not so coincidentally acting up. I'm a really tight thrower. Between the tiny linen yarn and the size 3 needles, I think I'm doing myself in. I even wore one of my wrist braces to work (which I rarely do) because three of my fingers were numb and tingly yesterday. To give my wrist and hands a rest, tonight I will be casting on the maroon and orange item for my friend S that I ripped out two weeks ago. I'm feeling really guilty that I haven't finished it (or even re-started it) in the promised time frame, so I'll get that cooking. It is Cascade 220 on size 10 1/2 needles for those of you who forgot.

So that's pretty much it. Computer in shop. Tim Wakefield starting tomorrow (sit down Penny, you suck). Not remotely prepared for yard sale. Hand-washing dishes for the foreseeable future. Learning very cool, very complicated stuff at work. Close friends bought a house less than a mile from mine and move in one week from today: might kidnap the wife and bring her to knitting night...

No comments:

Post a Comment