Friday, August 21, 2009

So last night I added the stitches that start my twirly skirt's third tier. I don't know how many stitches I'm carrying, but it's a lot, and I will now begin my crawl to the finish line. Hopefully I'll get a picture up soon (if I ever get my computer back) showing recent progress.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I'm hoping to make it out to Mind's Eye Yarns in Cambridge, but I have chores to do first. (Never painted the stair risers last week. Anyone who knows me well enough to actually be following these posts would've guessed that for sure. At least they are primed and ready to go.) Anyway, when I was out in Seattle last month, I had the opportunity to meet knitwear designer Jen Hagen. (It was really a thrill - she's my new idol.) Through Ravelry she shot me a note saying that Mind's Eye is now carrying her patterns, so I'm headed over there to check out the store. My plan is to maybe buy a pattern or two, but NO MORE YARN...at least for the time being. I'm seriously thinking I may need a storage solution for my yarn. What do people do? Should I give it its own bedroom? I have a spare one. I could go grab an IKEA Pax system, and set the yarn up in style. Now I'm just kidding...I have to pay for my DELUXE sump pump with battery back up system first. Ask me about the yarn closet next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment