Wednesday, August 12, 2009

...a froggin' and a bloggin'.


Wow! I can't believe how much I enjoyed ripping out my sweater. What a thrill. All I had left to do was half of one sleeve, about a quarter of the other sleeve, and two inches around the neck. So, here is the obit: From Knitting Pure and Simple, it was the Neckdown Pullover for Women. I don't know what the yarn was, but it was a pretty rough, heathered, heavy worsted weight yarn. I bought it at a yarn store in Brunswick, Maine that hasn't existed for years. (One of my favorite yarn stores has taken its place: Purl Diva. Stop by and see Ellen if you're ever driving through Brunswick...It is on 3 Summer Street, just off Pleasant Street, heading into town.) Anyway, I don't think I would ever choose this yarn again for anything. Yikes-a-rama. There is one other thing I'd like to mention before showing the photos of my frogging session. I've had this Knitting Pure and Simple Pattern forever. Seriously, about 15 yrs. The designer is out of Truckee, California, which I had never heard of in my life until three months ago when I actually visited there. How weird is that? It's the next town over from Lake Tahoe, where my sister H lives.















So Munchie is sitting on the sweater after the arms and half of the body had been ripped out. She has to be involved in everything.
It went directly from the sweater to the winder, and I was left with a pile of yarn that my room mate just said she likes.
Maybe I'll make her something with it. Hmmm... holiday gifts...




2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Just saw Julie & Julia over the weekend and was wondering if any of my friends were bloggers...

    Would love for you to post a movie with Munchie yowling - will show it to "my boys".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Presents I love presents

    ReplyDelete