Monday, August 30, 2010

Wrap Update and a Yarn I've Never Tried Before...

It's Monday evening. I had a pretty relaxing weekend, but still managed to squeeze in a visit to my three favorite yarn stores. This time of year everyone is selling off the summer stuff and bringing in the fall stuff so there are sales all around. I was VERY well behaved and only brought home a couple things. I'll get back to that in a minute.

I didn't mention that I got a new orchid last week. This is only one of the stems with blooms on it, but I'm still taking pictures with my phone and it's the best I could do. I parked the three snoozing orchids out in the dining room with the other boring plants. If they ever decide to bloom again, they can come back in the kitchen where the action is.


I saw a sample of the Pinwheel Baby Blanket by Genia Planck over the weekend. Anyone who knows me knows that under most circumstances, a brick would have to fall on my head for me to care about a baby blanket, BUT the sample was really nice, and I thought this thing would look cool draped over the chair I always sit in (until the cats get their paws on it). The sample was in a wool that I was not familiar with. The company is Bashful Bags and Fibers


http://freshpurls.blogspot.com/2009/07/portrait-in-yarn-hand-dyer.html and she dyes in Needham, which is where I work. What a coincidence. Anyway, the yarn is really light and fluffy - it's like roving with a very fine thread wound around it. According to my scale, they are about 75 grams and are approx 109 yards. I only bought two. I wanted to start the project last night, but (and you won't believe this) I didn't have the right needles. Can you believe THAT? I didn't have size 13 double pointed. Until I get some, I won't be starting this project.
That leads me to my Stay Put Wrap, pictured here on the left. I didn't reach my goal of 10" over the weekend, but I'm getting there.
I didn't knit even one stitch today and now I'm going to bed. Thanks for stopping by...



No comments:

Post a Comment