Sunday, August 8, 2010

I finally finished my Everyone's Doing It Shrug...

...and I'll get to it in a minute. Happy Sunday! It is 9:30 AM, and I want to try cover a bunch of stuff as quickly as possible. That way I won't be chained to my desk all morning, and y'all won't fall asleep reading my blatherings. Today got off to a rocky start, so I'll begin by talking about yesterday. (Although this entry would've been WAY funnier if I began writing it a couple hours ago when I was really cranky...the cutting sarcasm was in overdrive.)
So yesterday. I'm back to the overscheduling again; even though it was Saturday, I was out of the house before 7:00. First I went from Winthrop to Rowley by way of Marblehead. Then I went from Rowley back to Winthrop by way of Beverly Farms. (If you looked at a map you would think was either totally lost or had absolutely no sense of direction. Neither of these are true.) On the way home, I wanted to stop in to see my friend Tink (aka Jill Stover) at Yarns in the Farms http://www.yarnsinthefarms.com/ I was only there a short time because I was rushing home to go on an adventure w/ my friend B. We were headed down to Dorchester because I needed 3 matching Cascade 220s in a light color and Stitch House has all the Cascade on sale this month at 40% off. http://stitchhousedorchester.com/ That means that I was in two out of three of my favorite yarn stores yesterday, which in itself makes it a pretty good day. (I want to mention that the "Best Of" issue of North Shore Magazine named Yarns in the Farms Editor's Choice for best yarn store on the North Shore while I was in Seattle. Big congrats to Tink and Wink!)
B and I then went to La Siesta for dinner. http://www.lasiestarestaurante.com/ The food is always awesome, and last night they had these two mariachi guys walking from table to table serenading the patrons. Sheesh. What a day. Since we were being serenaded and all, we opted to stay for (shared) flan and cappaccino. Probably a mistake, as I practically needed to lay on the floor when I got home. Go big or go home - there's nothing like a glutton.

We came back to my house and B cast on the Swallowtail Shawl and I finished my Everyone's Doing it Shrug. Here's a pic, but it was taken w/ my BlackBerry so it's not great.  Check out Ravelry for a pic that shows the truer colors.  I should mention that I'm not a total mutant - I'm bringing my left shoulder across so that both the back and sleeve can be seen at the same time.  I really like how it turned out, so I'm planning to wear it over a black knit jumper this afternoon when I hit tea at the Taj.  http://www.tajhotels.com/Luxury/TAJ%20Boston,BOSTON/default.htm  Check out the tea menu if you're so inclined. My friend J and I go about three times a year - once for each of our birthdays and then once in the summer just because.   
I was going to bitch about all the police officers standing around doing nothing at the construction of the new Chelsea bridge this morning (nine of them), and about my miserable trip to Market Basket (getting there at 7:45AM is too late as the masses have already arrived) but I'm over it and it wouldn't be as funny now.  I was also going to talk about my Black Crowned Night Herons (some of you may remember them from last year) but I'm out of time and I want to post decent pictures (no camera remember?); so that will have to wait.  I'm going to squeeze in some chores before heading in to town.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: