Sunday, August 15, 2010

Janis, Gardening, Prokofiev and Repetitive Stress Injuries...

Sunday: I had a crazy day yesterday, and I have a full day on the docket today as well. It's 8AM and I've already been out watering and playing in the garden. I have to get out of here by 9:15, so I'm going to make this quick. I'm headed in to town to go to the SOWA open market w/ my old room mate, G. http://www.southendopenmarket.com/ The weather is really nice, so it's a good day to be poking around outside. I always run into problems when I see artisans selling their wares, so maybe I'll just take my Charlie Card (the card a Bostonian uses to get on and off the subway - not valid for any other purchases). Yeah, right.
Munchie is being incredibly annoying right now. She's jumped up on the desk about 10 times and won't leave me alone. After I get my new camera, I'll put up a movie of her talking. There is a quick video of Munch posted on Oct 18, '09 if you'd like to hear what she's like.



I was up pretty early, so I went out to water the garden and to see if there was anything that needed to be pulled or picked. From left, we have a couple radishes, some carrots, a couple beets I pulled too early and today's cherry tomatoes. Not bad. This will be the basis of my dinner tonight.



Have you ever really liked a piece of music but had no idea what it was or where you heard it? Then, it's on the radio and you HOPE that they say what it is so you can buy it off iTunes? That happened to me on Thursday. The piece Sergei Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet Suite no 2, Op 64b: The Knight's Dance (aka Montagues and Capulets). I keep listening to it over and over. Awesome.

So I've been working on my Janis Joplin Jacket pretty much every spare minute, and so of course my carpal tunnel is acting up. I put on my brace last night and will wear it all day today and tomorrow if necessary. That should rest my hand and wrist enough to get back to it soon. In the meantime, here is what it looks like. I'm about 11" in.


I need to hop in the shower and be on my way. In the last 24 hours, I've had a hits to my blog from Turkey and Australia. I'm thrilled! Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment