Monday, August 16, 2010

To Frog or Not to Frog...That is the Question.

How long do you wait before ripping something out? A week? Six months? Two years? Ten years?
While trying to finish up the 2010 Stash Organization Project, I'm taking a hard look at some of my old UFOs. Here's a good one: I love this scarf - it's a reversible cable, so it looks the same on both sides. The yarn is Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran, which is a merino, microfiber, cashmere blend. I saw the scarf as a display up at Seed Stitch in Salem and got the pattern with yarn purchase. I started it right away and promptly lost the pattern...TWO YEARS AGO. Think I can frog it? I'm thinking probably.
Now here's another blast from the past. I made Flora by Margaux Pena for my sister in brown and multi Manos Silk Blend. Pretty right? (Oh - that's Lake Tahoe in the background. I'm going there for a visit in three weeks. Hey H - What's up?) I liked it so much that I bought at least six hanks of the Manos thinking I was going to bang out Flora's for everyone I knew and give them as holiday gifts.
Check out the purple and lavender one I was working on...LAST YEAR. I took it with me to Seattle (not my trip to Seattle two weeks ago, my trip to Seattle last July) and haven't touched it - except to photograph it - since I returned home. Think I'll miss it if I rip it out ? Neither do I.
So as I mentioned yesterday, I went to the SOWA open market in the South End with my former room mate, G. http://www.southendopenmarket.com/
The weather was awesome and there were tons of vendors - from produce to baked goods, to clothing I believe was manufactured at a correctional facility, to artists and all kinds of other stuff. Check out my new ring.
The band is a cool shape, and really comfortable. It is gorgeous - the picture doesn't do it justice (oh - and BTW, I'm completely over using my Blackberry as my primary camera).

http://www.lilianabead.com/ I've attached the link to the artist's site, but I'm warning you - I was just in there and I'm gonna be in big trouble if I go in there again. Check out this ring:
http://www.lilianabead.com/rings.html Those are little bubbles of sterling suspended in the glass. Beautiful.

One last thing and I'll wrap up. One of my orchids that has been asleep for two or three years has sprouted a new leaf. If this thing actually blooms, I will write about it every single day ...forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment