Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New Project Alert!

Well I've certainly been talking about it long enough, and I've had the yarn for a while. Can anyone guess? I've been waiting for the weather to cool down, and although August doesn't really qualify as cool, I DID see a tree today with red leaves among the green. That's good enough for me. Time for a sweater, right? No, not even. Time for a coat! Yes, I cast on the Janis Joplin Jacket by Jill Stover. The body of the coat is Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Chunky, and the collar might be Garden Party Homespun (anyone know for sure?) in Winter Solstice colorway. I think it might be a little early for me to comment on the BD Donegal Tweed. I've seen a couple of these coats completed and I love them. I think the yarn is great in the finished garments, but I'm not loving it as I knit with it. On the other hand, bulky yarn on size 10 needles does lend itself to immediate gratification. As you can see, I've chosen to go with lavender/purple for a change. If I cast on one more blue or turquoise project, I think even I won't be able to stand me anymore. Check out the darker ball that is going to be the collar - how awesome is THAT?? I've done at least another inch since I took this pic last night. Thankfully I had it with me this morning. I had to go for bloodwork, and I showed up half an hour before the lab opened. And, in my haste to get over to Brookline for 7:30, I left my Blackberry on my bedside table. What a pain - in this day and age to be unable to communicate for an entire day... can you imagine? Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that they were able to take three tubes without incident and unnecessary bloodshed.

It is just about dusk, and I just saw a few of my Herons fly off for the evening. Yesterday morning I was sitting here at my computer when they returned for the day. I have a flock (?) of Black Crowned Night Herons living in my biggest tree. This is the fourth summer I've been in my house, and they've been here every year. Saturday evening B was here when a few of them took off. They hang out in my tree during the day, and then they head over to the marsh to hunt at night. It's a huge tree, and I really have to look hard to find them. http://10000birds.com/nightherons.htm I found this link - hopefully it'll work. One day last year I counted 10 adults and a teenager. This morning I saw a teenager fly in for the day as I was getting in my car to go to work. They are really huge birds, and they make a BIG mess. I'll just leave it at that.

Not too much else. I need to pay some bills and do some chores. Sorry about the lack of pictures. I need to get my ass in gear and get a new camera. No pictures = no fun. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment