Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cast on Xenocryst (again)...six things going...

It's every other Wednesday again, but I won't bore you with an explanation of "every other Wednesday" every other Wednesday. Instead of complaining about all the stuff I have to do around here and never getting around to any of it, I did something when I got home from work today. I guess I was inspired by the clean house. The first thing I did was hang (on the wall) a decorative piece comprised of four smallers pieces. This required a tape measure, a level, a pencil and what was left of my brain after working on 17 trend graphs for 2300 data points since last Friday. It was a struggle but I managed; the piece actually looks cool if I do say so myself.
I didn't want to lose momentum, so I frogged the scarf and hat from my last post. Psyched!
My hand and wrist have rested for four days; I thought I could do something light tonight so I decided to cast on the re-do of my Xenocryst hat. I decided to go with Cascade 220 in light blue for the new hat, and I wound it last night. The pattern calls for size 6 needles, but I've already determined I'm using something bigger. I had to look all over for the right ones; I was looking for 9s, but I found 8s and those should be fine.
So this starts with the decorative AND stretchy Estonian double cast on. I turned on the You Tube tutorial, but I didn't really need it.
Here's the hat four rows in. I can't really see the cable yet, but I should be able to have something to show in a day or two.
Right before I started writing this post, I added the hat to my project list on Ravelry. I did a quick count and realized that I have six projects on the needles right now: this hat, the Janis Jacket, my seed stitch/cable wrap, a cable & lace sweater for a friend of mine (who asked how it's coming so I need to move that to the front of the line), the Jubilee scarf, and the Cinquefoil hat. Yikes. I'm going to California in a couple weeks, so I'll get some of this stuff finished on the trip. I'm not casting on anything else until at least three of these projects are done. Seriously. I'm not casting on anything else until at least three of these projects are done...

No comments:

Post a Comment