Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mmmmm...Alpaca!

Today is every-other Wednesday. It's my favorite day of the every-other week. When I arrived home from work today, my house was clean. I've not raved about A. since March (when I had the norovirus and she offered to take me to the doctor) but she's awesome. If anyone in the area is looking for a cleaning lady, I'm more than happy to recommend her. We have an ongoing thing where she puts my stuff away (deliberately hides it perhaps?) and I drive myself crazy trying to find it. Tonight it was the strainer. I've been throwing veggies (including beets and carrots from my garden) in with the peperoncini to cheat-pickle it. After just a couple days the veggies are tart and spicy but still crunchy. Anyway, I needed the strainer to get the veggies out of the peperoncini brine, and had to check every hiding place in the kitchen...but you'll be pleased to know it all worked out okay.



I have one left over picture from my vacation that I wanted to post. Here is me (in Seattle) with my boyfriend V. visiting a...that's right...a local yarn store. This one is called So Much Yarn http://www.somuchyarn.com/ and it is right down the block from Pike Place Market.
I wanted my friend S. to pick out some yarn so that I can make her a thank you gift and she picked out some Cascade Eco Alpaca in a taupe-y chocolate brown. I know what I'm going to make, but I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I'm going to keep my lip zipped...or at least try.
The other yarn store I visited was Bad Woman Yarn http://www.badwomanyarn.com/ in Wallingford Center. I was looking for Washington State wool at both stores, but it turns out that I was asking the impossible. I would have to go to an actual farm to get local wool, and I really didn't have the time or inclination for that. Next time perhaps.



Before I left for vacation, I promised photos of the work I did while away. Since most of my time was spent on i-cord to make a rug for my little friend, I really didn't get too much of my own knitting done. Here's the progress on my wrap...not much. The seed stitch is kind of boring, but I'm diggin' the cable. Typical. Cable girl.

Alright, time for dinner. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment