Thursday, October 29, 2009

What a nice surprise...

So I went to the mail today, and there was a present waiting for me! My friend S (the recipient of the orange French Market Bag) sent me a lovely hank of yarn that she found while on vacation in CA. It is a handpainted 70/30 lambswool/alpaca blend in bulky weight. This series of yarn has all colorways named after memorable women.

My hank is colorway Julia Child. S doesn't even knit and she was visiting a yarn shop! I should probably get her a set of needles for Christmas, no? This is going to make a really yummy scarf. Thanks S! You're the best!

The Red Sox hat I'm making for my nephew is nearly finished. I'm in the process of duplicate stitching the Red Sox "B" onto the cap, so for the time being, you'll all just have to imagine it. Hopefully I'll get this wrapped up in the next day or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment