Sunday, October 4, 2009

Project Updates

Wow. It seems like an age since my last post. I took my Twirly Skirt to Atlanta this week, so I had plenty of time in the airports and on the planes to work on it. Sadly, my Uncle John passed away on Thursday, so I'll take Twirly with me on the train ride to Philadelphia and back this week as well. The third tier is SO slow, but I'll just keep plugging away... Here is the current progress.
I went up to Yarns in the Farms today thinking that a sale might cheer me up, but no such luck. I bought Gina Wilde's Alchemy Lost and Found book of patterns, but alas, no yarn. It's is probably for the best. I'm so close to finishing my Cable and Lace Sweater that I should get it off my plate before thinking of something else. The sleeves, front and back are all done, so once I finish this post, everything is going on a circular needle to do the top...yoke? I'm planning to do the top a little different than the pattern calls for. It is a little too low cut for me, and since the sweater is already more fitted than I would normally wear, I'm going to move the neck opening up an inch or so. It is bad enough that my bustline can be admired from space, but I don't need the girls actually falling out.
So here are three of the four pieces. The next time you see them they will actually resemble a sweater...

No comments:

Post a Comment