Thursday, October 22, 2009

And the new projects are....

So I decided what I'm making next. Owls by Kate Davies. It's a sweater knit in the round with owls around the yoke and buttons for eyes. Cute. After mulling it over for about a month, I decided to go with Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky, which is 100% Peruvian Highland Wool - color Pewter. http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/Wool_of_the_Andes_Bulky_Yarn__D5420155.html
The other item I'm going to begin is a scarf for a friend of mine, which I began LAST winter. It has already been started four times in three patterns using two different yarns. It's been a regular frog-a-thon. I've decided to bag the yarn that I used to love and now hate, and use Rowan Lima, which is just yummy. http://www.knitrowan.com/yarns/Lima.aspx I'll be picking up the Lima this weekend in Beverly Farms (where else?), and meeting my new friend AM for some coffee and Swedish. Hon är min vän. (Yes, I knew how to write that but I didn't have the right letters, so I stole it off an online translator.)
Well, lunchtime is over, so I'll sign off. Once I get my new yarn, I'll get the photos up. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment