Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Settling Back into my Routine...


The last couple weeks have been a blur. I had been in Atlanta on business when my uncle passed away, then I was home for a couple days, then I was in Philadelphia for a couple days, and then I made it up to the Adirondacks in time for MOST of my knitting retreat. I missed one day, but was made to feel very welcome upon my arrival. What a great time! I only knew the two owners of Yarns in the Farms (Beverly Farms, MA) before my trip, but now I have 12 new friends. This is all of us on the last day - just before everyone packed up to leave.
We were up in the mountains during peak folliage, so it was really, really beautiful. I finished two big projects: the afghan, which is a holiday gift, and the teal cable and lace sweater, which is for me. I also whittled a walking stick without cutting myself and learned the basics of needle felting, which I really didn't like at all. I broke two needles and gave it up pretty quickly. I thought a piece of wood and a sharp knive were more my thing, and I was right. I'll try to get a couple more photos up when I get home tonight. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment