Monday, October 19, 2009

Empty Needles...Now What?

So now that my cable and lace sweater AND my afghan are both finished, the only thing I have going is Twirly...the skirt that will not end. I've been scouring my books and magazines looking for a cool project, and I've got nothin'. I have two items that are holiday commitments, so I might cast them on and get them out of the way. Plus I need to find a hat pattern for a 10 year old kid. I found a cool Red Sox "B" chart, so I'll probably knit my nephew a Red Sox hat if I can figure out how many stitches to cast on. I think it's 55 or 66 or 77 on size 8 needles, but I don't know for sure. The chart is 18 stitches across, and I don't want it to take up his entire head. I'll figure it out tomorrow.
I'm seriously thinking about casting on Alice Starmore's St. Brigid. It is a complicated sweater project with a gazillion cables. Once I cast on, I expect to be working on it until next year at this time. I'm going with the traditional fisherman's ecru for the color because I really want to see the pattern. The original pattern is boxy and she revised the pattern recently to be more fitted. Who can guess which one I'm making??? That's right...BOXY!
Tomorrow night is knitting night, so maybe one of the girls can suggest something I can do which is challenging but quick...

No comments:

Post a Comment