Sunday, September 27, 2009

Clearing out the Stash

Today probably won't be a knitting day - at least not until tonight. I'm trying to organize everything I didn't sell at my yard sale (which would be everything) and prepare most of it for donation to various charities. The yarn (primarily of the novelty and acrylic variety) and needles (the 14" Susan Bates variety) are going to the Boston Living Center, which is a community and resource center whose mission is to foster the wellness of all HIV positive people and respond to the changing needs of the HIV/AIDS community. Yes, I took that off their website, so I hope it's allowed. http://www.bostonlivingcenter.org/aboutus.shtml. During the holiday season their knitting circle makes hats and scarves for the women members so I'm also kicking in eight knitted scarves I had kicking around. I'm also a volunteer serving Thanksgiving dinner this year, but I'll write more on that later as November approaches and I begin my fundraising efforts...

So here is most of the yarn I'm dropping off at the center tomorrow after work. Today I'll box it up and put it in my trunk. That's half the battle. The other half will be remembering to drive into town on my way home.
Munchie always wants to be in the pictures...

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful home for your extra needles and yarn. Good job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete