Sunday, September 13, 2009

New Project Alert!

The best thing about finishing up a project is starting the next one. Yesterday I cast on Cecily Glowik MacDonald's Cable and Lace Pullover, published in Cast On, November 2007-January 2008. I'm using Dream in Color Groovy in the Bermuda Teal colorway. I LOVE the yarn; it's a hand dyed 100% superfine Australian merino. The color is so rich that it is staining my hands and bamboo needles, which is kind of funny. Clearly, this sweater will need a run through the wash (with like colors) before I wear it.
Photo shows an inch of ribbing and first 7 rows of the pattern.
The only thing I don't like about this pattern so far is that it didn't include a chart. Why don't the designers just include them all the time? In an effort to NOT botch every row of this project, I took the time to make a chart. I'm so proud of my chart, that it gets its own photo.
It has been raining for two days, and even though it just stopped, I postponed my yard sale do-over until next weekend. My room mate G and I have errands to do and I want to make some headway on this sweater. Plus, the Sox have a double header AND tonight is the season finale of TrueBlood. There is just way too much going on to try to cram in a yard sale that I don't even want to do anyway.
Yesterday I drove up to Yarns in the Farms (in Beverly Farms) to swap out the original Dream in Color yarn I purchased for the teal which I like better. I'm going to a four-day knitting retreat over Columbus Day weekend in the Adirondacks and I also had to drop off my deposit. I asked Carolyn if they go to the Adirondacks every year, and she said no, they normally go to Belize! GUESS WHERE I'M GOING NEXT YEAR FOR MY KNITTING RETREAT???

No comments:

Post a Comment