Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lots of pics today...

Today is Sunday, and my computer has been disconnected since Wednesday night. I hooked it up today so that I could do a couple things, and decided to show all ya'all what I've been upto the last few days.
I'll skip over the story about having the third front door lock drilled out since August (and thank my mother for putting up with my near hysteria that night), and move on to the good things that happened this week. I had the sticky switch on my sump pump replaced, and it has been working flawlessly since Monday night. You can all breathe a collective sigh of relief because I'm not going to talk about it anymore; I might actually go back to talking about knitting.
Before I get to the knitting pictures, I have some before and after home improvement pictures. First, we have the the window between the hall and the bathroom. I've never been able to figure out why someone would install a window between the hall and the bathroom...it just seems wrong to me, but it was not for me to judge. My job was to rip out the window.


Here is what the window looked like from the hall.






Here is what the window looked like from the bathroom. Complete idiocy.



And here we have the same views with window removed:

All I can say is wow, but that's not even the best of it:



This is the corner at the turn of the stairs that has been professionally redone. It is a friggin' masterpiece and it's not even finished yet.
I'd like to restate that the guy who remodeled my house about 10 years ago was a complete hack. He pulled out all the original woodwork, installed exterior windows in the interior of the house between rooms that shouldn't have windows, and he ruined every single corner in this house. The contractors expect to be done with the painting on Tuesday and I can't wait. From the entry foyer up the stairs upto and including the 2nd floor hallway will look amazing, and I didn't have to do it myself! Yippee.
And now on to the knitting! Yesterday I finished tucking in all the ends on the scarf I made for my sister, H. The pattern calls for pom poms, and although I made the pom pom version for myself, I don't really see H as someone who would appreciate a scarf with eight pom poms hanging off it. http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=104&d_id=42&lang=us
I love this scarf. This is a Holly scarf: BIG... HONKIN'... CABLES. This will totally go w/ H's eyes, and I hope she likes it. (Hi!)

I wound all my Dream in Color Groovy, I found the Cable and Lace Pullover by Cecily Glowik MacDonald sweater pattern, and plan to (finally) cast it on tonight.
This sweater is an exact duplicate of the one I made for myself in the fall but gave to my sister H, mentioned above. I love the pattern and I love the yarn. It should go pretty quick - I'll put up some pics when I have anything interesting to show.
I'm going to sign off now. I have to disconnect my computer again, cover it and my desk in plastic and move the whole operation away from the wall. Workmen arrive at 7:30 sharp...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome scarf, Hol. I love it. Can't wait to get it. (And good call on the pom-poms). -Hil

    ReplyDelete