Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thoughts on Wii Fit...What about the knitting??

Seriously? Wii Fit is a total crack up. Everyday I sign on and take my body test, after which my Wii tells me I'm over weight and my Wii "fit age" is at least 10 years older than my actual age. Sigh. Now tell me something I don't know.
This is my alter ego here in the blue standing next to this month's calendar. As you can see, I've been exercising every day. The 19th has a little flag on it b/c I have a weight loss goal of 4 lbs set for that day. (My real goal should be to lose about ten times that by Monday, February 1st b/c I have my annual physical at 9AM. THAT should be a fun day.)
So I signed on just to get a couple quick photos, and here's tonight's message. Have I noticed my stomach getting firm? I don't even know how to answer that...no? At least it said good evening. Usually after the balance tests I get messages like, "standing on one foot really isn't your strong suit, is it?" or "peripheral vision really isn't your cup of tea, is it?" Sheesh. If I wanted to be insulted every day, I think I'd get remarried.
Anyway, If I can burn an extra 150-200 calories each day and keep my heart rate up while doing it, I think I'll make some progress. Unfortunately it won't be in time for my physical...
Tomorrow is knitting night. I don't think I've even picked up my knitting since last week's knitting night. My hands and wrists are still bugging me, but I'm done sanding the bedroom I've been working on so hopefully they'll improve. I'm ready to cast on another Cable and Lace Pullover by Cecily Glowik MacDonald, but I can't find the pattern, so I'll keep going on the Shredder Pullover by Jennifer Hagen I re-started last week. When I have anything worth photographing, I'll put up the images. I'm off to bed. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Hol, on the Wii Fit! I am getting back to the gym any day now......Hil

    ReplyDelete