Saturday, January 16, 2010

Knitting Updates and Random Thoughts...

When I signed off my last post, I included a photo of my fave LYS's front door. Of course Jill recognized her door, and I realize that I should mention last weekend's field trip to Yarns in the Farms (FitF) with my friends D and B. D had a gift certificate and YitF (Beverly Farms - worth the trip) was having a sale last weekend so we decided to make a trip up. I generally don't need a reason to make the trip, but I'm like Pavlov's dog when I hear the words "yarn" and "sale" in the same sentence...I can't help myself. Seriously. I think I need a twelve step program. I haven't talked too much about it, but I'm having some work done on the house next month, so I really didn't want or need to buy anything. We poked around for a while and I was doing really well NOT buying anything. I picked up some yarn...put it back...browsed the books...didn't need any...and then I saw this bag:

Someone by the name of "finn" made it and it's gorgeous. The woman is a tailor, and the workman -ship is amazing. The patterns in the fabric are matched on all the seams, the edges are all finished in this beautiful piping and the inside of the bag has all kinds of pockets for needles, tools and other miscellaneous notions. A medium sized project would fit in the bag quite nicely. Apparently Jill and Carolyn ordered them custom for the store, so I won't see myself coming and going. Since it is my blog, I get to make recommendations and here comes my first one ever: Call Jill at the store and get yourself one of these bags. http://www.yarnsinthefarms.com/
So I buy the bag and my friends D and B stumble on some Briggs Little Atlantic wool at a really good price. B got some in a medium green, D got some in a medium/demin blue, and I grabbed some in burgundy:
I think I'm going to make an afghan with it, but I might make a sweater. There's no way to know. Let's just say that I bought enough to make something.
I finished the Darkside Cowl last night. I'm very pleased with the way it looks and I would make this again. Cowls make awesome gifts.
I need to do some chores. I haven't felt very well for a few days, but I'm getting back to my old self. I hear a paint can calling my name... Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment