Sunday, January 3, 2010

The last time I posted was the last time I was knitting...

Chores. I'm up to my arse in chores. Yesterday I went out to shovel and the snow was about 3-4" but light and fluffy. Today I went out to a much colder environment, and drifts of about a foot. My neighbors across the street don't have any drifts b/c their snow is sitting in my driveway, plus the snow is heavier today. The town requires us to keep our sidewalks clear, so at a minimum I have to do the sidewalk everytime I go out. I stayed out about 45 minutes and did most of the driveway (knowing I'll have to go out again later) and cleared the heavy stuff that the plows throw. I had just finished the plow barricade when 3 plows came up the street and threw new snow at the end of my driveway where I had just cleared. I'll just paraphase and say screw it...I immediately returned to the house.
I've spent a lot of my spare time recently getting ready to paint one of my bedrooms. The
patching is done and I've moved onto priming. Once I sign off here, I'm going to finish the
coat of primer. One of the walls is done, and the room already looks so much brighter it's not even funny. The power sander has really hurt my hands and forearms. I have carpal tunnel, and my hands are so weak right now that I can barely type. I haven't been able to knit for about a week, which is a total bummer, but now that I'm done with the sanding, a couple days in my wrist braces ought to fix me right up. I have two sweaters cooking, so I need to pick up the needles again pronto.
I made a knitting resolution: My goal this year is to knit down some of the stash. I have a king's ransom tied up in yarn, so I need to take it easy on the procurement for the time being. The primary reason is that I need to do a couple things to my house (the contractors have already been here - I'm waiting on estimates), so all Holly spending must cease. My other resolution is to get into better shape by integrating more exercise into my routine. After much thought, I decided that Wii fitness plus was the best solution for me. I really love it, except for the fact that it tells me I'm overweight every day. I figure if I keep plugging away, it will eventually shut up. I'll keep y'all posted on that front.
I hear a paint can calling my name...bye for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment