Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK and a Snow Day!

I just finished painting the formerly forest green bedroom, and while painting I was formulating today's blog entry.
I was going to mention that it has been sort of freezing rain since last night so my sump was nearly full this morning. I've figured out that I can engage the primary pump by wacking the float with a mop handle, so that was the first activity of the morning. It was too much water for my basement sink to handle, so it overflowed. Additionally, yesterday's final attempt to install the new front door lockset was a failure, which caused me to have a complete meltdown. There are tools and lock parts from one end of my foyer to the other. I was also going to talk about how maybe my 20 year anti-marriage stance might deserve a re-think. Right about now I'm thinking polygamy might not be such a bad idea. One husband could stand next to the sump pump with mop in hand, one could see that the car is properly maintained (yes, I went out at 7:30 today in completely shitty weather b/c I had an appt to have my oil changed), one could do all the painting, and one could fix every other random thing around here - the next of which will probably break in 15 minutes or so.
But I'm not going to talk about any of those things. Nope. My day just took a remarkable turn! My friend J (yes, all my friend's names seem to start with J) just called to see if I wanted to catch a movie at Kendall at 1:45. How psyched am I? When I saw his name on my phone, I nearly jumped up and down. Thank god. Someone to save me from this house (although it will probably float down the street while I'm at the movies).
I can't find the pattern to make another cable and lace sweater (for another friend, J), so I'm going to cast on something for myself to keep my hands busy in the meantime. From Knitting Pure and Simple, it is the Weekend Neck Down Pullover. http://www.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=Knitting%20Pure%20and%20Simple%20Leaflet%200224%20-%20Weekend%20Neck%20Down%20Pullover&productype=4 (They're out of Truckee, California, which is the next town over from Lake Tahoe where my sister lives. Hey H - have some snow!)
Gotta scram. Now that I have plans and all, I can finally take off my paint clothes. Yay! Bye for now...




No comments:

Post a Comment