Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oh those crazy kitties...

Yup. Up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday again. I have a two-part alarm system here at the house to assure I'm out of bed before 6:45 seven days a week. Munchie sits on me and talks (as only a Siamese can) while Tubby uses the side of the mattress like a scratching post. Usually by about 6:15, I'm yelling and throwing pillows - not that it does a bit of good. Some kitties just don't know how to behave. I wanted to post some updated photos on Ravelry, so I took some pics of my projects while I was waiting for my coffee, and ran a Pop Tart through the toaster. I came upstairs, sat down at the computer and Tubby was all over me for a piece of my Pop Tart. Generally Tubby isn't too hip into the people food, so this was kind of strange. I gave her a couple pieces so that I could type, and aside from making a crumbly mess, she ate them. Pop Tarts...even for us, that's a first. Then I headed downstairs for more coffee, and Mongrel Munchie had been stealing the tomatoes off the counter. They are on the floor - split from the impact - and sporting fresh kitty teeth marks. What the hell? It's like a tag team, meow-meow, kitty mind f*ck. Usually Tubby doesn't stoop to Munchie's level, but I think the Pop Tart thing was a distraction to give Munchie the time to ruin my tomatoes. Losers.

Hi, my name is Princess Violet, but you can call me Mongrel Munchie.

(Joe Cocker's "Cry Me a River" is playing. It's one of my all time favorite songs, and I don't even like Joe Cocker that much. ...Oh I cried a river over you...)

Okay now a couple project pictures:

Here is a Birthday Cowl by Nova Seals that I made last May but just tucked in the ends last night. I banged out five of these last spring in rapid succession. The ones I did in Manos del Uruguay silk blend (like this one) are the nicest. Manos rocks the house.
I've been plugging away at Tink's Twirly Skirt on and off all winter. I only have a couple more inches to go, but there are what seems like a billion stitches on the (size 3! never again) needle, so it's kind of slow going and I'm bored. I know I'll love it when it's done, and it'll be done by spring.
This last photo proves I cast on my cable and lace sweater, but clearly doesn't prove much more than that. I misplaced all my stitch counters so I'll probably pick up a couple today while out on my knitting field trip w/ D and B. There are a couple yarn sales going on here in Eastern Mass, so we're going to visit them. Since I just gave all my money to the contractors, a couple stitch counters is about all I can fit in my budget.
D and B will be here in an hour, so I need to get ready for my day. I'll check in again soon. Thanks for stopping by...

1 comment: