Thursday, February 18, 2010

Something to Quell the Peanut Gallery

There's good news and there's bad news. The good news is that people seem to find my blog amusing, and I have a small following. The bad news is that some of the uppity members of the readership get demanding when I haven't posted in a while. Sheesh. I'm sorry for the delay; I had plans each of the days over last weekend, and I haven't been feeling well lately. I suppose I'll start with that...I'm exhausted. I've been absolutely beat since the Wednesday before MLK Day. I've had some tests and a boatload of bloodwork, but for now, let's just say I'm tired. To get through the day at work, my intake of caffeine has been creeping up, and that is causing some sleep issues, which I battle normally anyway. Yesterday one of my doctors threw the hammer down, and I'm cut off...cold turkey...no more caffeine. It's just not right. I have so few vices left, so just go ahead, take one. Next thing you know, I'll develop a wool allergy and there will be no reason to go on.
I ran around tonight taking some photos (and I even have a Wii update to wrap up). The work on the house has been completed, so I'm starting to put stuff up on the walls, and trying ever so hard not to let the place get cluttered. I've been shredding everything that isn't nailed down, but I still have a way to go.
The two paintings to the left are hanging at the turn of the stairs.
Each is a tiny watercolor painting of a sheep. One
is black, and one is white. The white one is here on the left. Sorry she's blurry.

My office is really clean and uncluttered for the first time in nearly three years. I'm trying to decide what to put in this empty corner, but for the time being I'm just groovin' on the fact that it's empty. (That is my portrait - by Heather Buechler - btw. For those of you who've never seen me.)
Okay, now onto the knitting. Over the weekend, I made my bi-monthly drive up to my favorite yarn store, in Beverly Farms, Mass. I hung out for a couple hours (and I didn't even have any knitting with me), and learned a new purling technique which was very cool. Jill had some new yarn that I'd never seen before, and she was making a cowl out of it. Holly loves new yarn she's never seen before, and she also loves cowls. Plus the yarn was brown, and one of my sisters is great in brown! So check this out.
The yarn is awesome, but I'm having a hell of a time getting the desired result. Supposed to be 44 stitches on size 17 needles, but I don't have nearly enough yarn. I've already completed on 15s and tinked it before starting this second try on 17s. The yarn is kind of fragile, so it's a pain to unknit, but that's exactly what I'm going to have to do, and then start again. Cool yarn though, huh?
So I'll wrap up with a quick Wii update. My old room mate G was over a few days ago, and we were playing on the Wii. She tried some lunges in strength training, and she said they were hard. I wisely did NOT try them when anyone else was here, because I swear I thought I was going to blow my knees out. After ten lunges on each side (they only gave me credit for seven on one side!) I was literally limping around the house. I'm going to stick to my aerobic and balance regimen. I don't want to be permanently impaired and then have to explain that I injured myself on the Wii. So I found a new balance game I like called "Big Top Juggling" or something equally as stupid. The goal is to balance on a ball while juggling balls that your friends throw to (at) you.




Because my balance is so bad, I generally get this mean message...


I'm getting better at this one at least. You should see me fall off the tightrope.


Alright. I think that pretty much sums up what I've been up to. Project Runway is on tonight. I'm a week behind b/c I fell asleep during the show last week. I woke up in time to see who won and who got kicked off, but I forgot who got kicked off! I get to be surprised...yippee! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. On behalf of the uppity members of your readership, thank you for the entry. (It's about time......GEEZ) Hil :)

    ReplyDelete