Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So many updates...but no socks.

So has everyone been patiently waiting to see what I made at sock class? You'll be waiting a looooooong time. I should never say never, but I think it's safe to say that I won't be making socks anytime soon. And furthermore, would anyone like to buy my Takumi size 2 bamboo double pointed needles? Only VERY slightly used. When will I learn to just stick with what I like? I'm drawn to very specific things, and little, tiny needles don't make the short list. Here on the left, let's compare my favorite Brittany dpns (size 17) with my new size 2 dpns. Not much of a contest, is it? Hard to use my fave phrase "big, honkin" when referring to those pathetic little needles.
(Don't worry - I do have project photos which I plan to post at the end...)
So. I had an interesting day today... I had a laryngoscopy. For those of you who don't know what that is, the Ear, Nose and Throat doc puts a fiber optic camera up the patient's nose and down their throat to look around and take pictures. I've been having some issues with my neck and throat the last couple months, and the mystery is now solved...but I'll get to that in a minute. We started with aerosol novacaine sprayed up my nose. This shit tastes BAD. We waited a couple minutes and I'm instructed to breathe though my nose while the tube thing is inserted. The anatomy of my nose is unusual, so of course the tube got caught and had to be pulled out. Awesome! We got the opportunity to start over again. More aerosol novacaine; and I mean much more. Eyes watering, nose running, drooling, coughing and apologizing...that was me. Next I got to see the video of the inside of my nose and throat, and anyone who knows me knows I dig pretty much any kind of medical procedure. I think I missed my calling. (No, not a doctor...a hypochondriac!) Thankfully, there is nothing seriously wrong with me. I have a kind of reflux that I'd never heard of (laryngopharyngeal reflux - LPR as opposed to gastroesophageal reflux - GERD), and that has caused a bumpy irritation thing on my vocal cords. You could see it in the pictures, but I opted not to ask for a copy this time around. (Ya'll know I'd post it if I had it.) So I have plenty of diet and behavior changes which, in combination with my Zantac, should fix me up in no time. And just when I was getting used to the gravel voice and constant dry cough...
On the way home, I forgot to go to Rite Aid, so I stopped at CVS (which is always a mistake) to get my prescription filled. Given the choice between another laryngoscopy and stepping foot inside CVS again, I think I'll head back over to Mass Eye & Ear. I'm officially boycotting CVS, and I invite all of you to join me.
For dinner I made something I haven't had in years: Salt Potatoes. Any of my anonymous readership from Syracuse? Mmmmm...Salt potatoes...Syracuse food.



Okay, time to wrap this up. Remember the Magnum? I bought it for a sweater in Vogue Knitting last winter, then changed my mind to make the "Holly" sweater (both of these also-rans had bobbles all over the sweaters, and that's really not so good for me) but finally cast on the Weekend Neck Down Pullover sweater on Saturday after my (failure of a) sock class. So the first picture is the entire sweater - what I've done since Saturday - and the second picture is detail of the neck. I've been working on it a little each day, and it will be done over the weekend. In my case it is the week-long neck down pullover, not the weekend neck down pullover. Okay. I think enough of my blathering. Thanks for staying with me until the end! See you soon. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment