Thursday, September 2, 2010

Today was a looooong one...

Oh yeah. I love the days that I leave the house at 7:15AM and don't get home until 10:30PM. I always hope the last day or two before vacation will be quiet, but they never are. It's 11PM and I'm wound up. I should be working (I told somebody I'd do something tonight but it's not very likely) but I thought I'd do a project status instead. In a minute.
Seems the Governor just issued a state of emergency in expectation of Hurricane Earl coming through tomorrow, and I guess the Cape is going to get slammed. I'm on the North Shore - and I'm about half a mile from the ocean. I'm not sure if I should be concerned. I've got the super deluxe sump pump with the battery operated back up pump in case I lose power. I have a couple bottles of water in the fridge left over from the two-day boil order earlier in the summer. I guess I'm all set, so I'll have my hair done at 5PM as planned. I'm already overdue, so I'm going for a cut/color come hell or high water - no pun intended. It has taken all the discipline I have NOT to take the clippers to my head this week; they've been calling to me for days.


My new camera arrived in the mail yesterday, so I have real pictures today...






My new orchid...









Munchie wanted to be in the picture with the knitting, like usual... Once I figure out how to use my camera, I'll post a video of her talking.




And here is the pinwheel blanket thing. It's not half done as I promised. I twisted the cast on so I'm going to rip it out and start again. I knew I screwed up the cast on as early as the second row, but I thought I might develop a tolerance for the error. No such luck.

I decided to go to a workshop on Saturday morning (not knitting), so I'll deal with this when I get home. It'll distract me from packing...

Wow. As entries go, this one was really boring. Sorry...I'm fried.

No comments:

Post a Comment