Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Night is Knitting Night...

...but not tonight. I didn't mention that I caught a cold when I was on my trip, and now my friend D is sick. She thought I was returning on Sunday, so she came in to feed the cats on Saturday morning first thing. I was crashed on the sofa and I think we scared each other - me not expecting anyone to walk into my house and yell, "I'm Here!" and her not expecting me to growl back, "Awesome" or whatever else I said. She stayed to chat for a bit and then she and B went for an adventure of some sort. She didn't necessarily catch a cold from me by the way - one of her clients has a cold and they might be the culprit. Anyway, instead of going to knit-night I'll stay home for unpack-my-stuff-and-do-laundry-night. But first, I'll do this. Actually, I'm hungry. Maybe I'll do that. Here's what I'm having:

Those red things are beets, which are a complete failure. The largest one is the size of a cherry tomato. I just couldn't grow them - there must be a trick to it, but I don't really care. I don't even like beets that much. I'll eat those three puny things, but clearly the greens will be a larger component of my meal. Then next year, the beets will not be invited back.
Okay. The first thing I want to do today is give a shout out and a big thanks to K, who sent me a lovely bag today in the mail. K is actually my sister H's very good friend, which is how I know her. (H in DC, not H in Tahoe, and not to be confused with my brother H or...me.) This bag is great (and blue), and coincidentally I was with my sister H this summer when she bought the identical one. Thanks K!
So tonight I was looking around at all my current projects. I have six going, but the teal cable & lace sweater for my friend J will be done in the next couple weeks definitely. These are 3/4 of the remain WIPs.

The first is that big doily thing that is actually starting to bug me. I had to go to the trouble of buying the double pointed needles and then the HiyaHiyas pictured here. This is my first HiyaHiya circular needle. Maybe it's my imagination, but it doesn't seem as slick as my addi turbos. I might give them a quick buff with some waxed paper. Yes. I have waxed paper downstairs. Anyway, the doily thing is really easy, so I'm not watching it while I knit, or keeping track of my rows. Any wonder it's screwed up? I've ripped it out twice already and I'm currently tinking back seven rows. I'll give it one more chance and then it's going the way of the frog. And speaking frogging, we have the Jubilee Scarf here on the left. Technically, I would call it more of a UFO than a WIP. I loved that pattern and the yarn when I started it, but now I have no interest. B gave me two 50g balls of Louisa Harding Mulberry so that I could finish it, but maybe I'll give them back. This scarf could be three cables - maybe even two, so maybe I'll re-do. Say good bye... Hey HG - I'll think of you while I'm unraveling it onto the winder!



Here's Janis which is taking a snooze, but I'm going to finish this one. I'm going on a four day knitting retreat in October with Jill Stover, who designed it. Actually, I bet I'll finish it then. :)

Remember the pink acrylic from the other day? I decided what to do with it. I work with a woman whose daughter is a teacher and she's always looking for crafty stuff for her kids. I thought I'd give it to her, but it gets better. I can't just give her one piddly skein of yarn, so I ventured up to the attic to visit the bin of misfits who are not allowed to live in the yarn room.




What I ought to do is give her the whole bin, but it would take a crane to get it out of the house.





This is what I'll give her tomorrow. It doesn't look like much, but it's a start.
And that's all I've got. Off to do the laundry. Bye for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment