Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Black Crowned Night Herons...

Yeah, I know I said I was leaving, but I'm not gone yet. This will be super quick. I've been trying to get some half way decent shots of my birds since I moved in three years ago. When deciding on a camera last week, I picked one with 10x optical zoom for this reason.

This morning I counted four of my big buddies, two of which were not obstructed by branches, so here they are:
This guy is a teenager. They are brown and speckled.


This guy is an adult - although it might be a female b/c I counted two teenagers this AM.
How cool are they, seriously?


Remember a while back when I was complaining about my chirping smoke detectors? I've changed three batteries, and one of them is still chirping away. It is driving me mental. Are there people who service smoke detectors who aren't called husbands? Jesus. Would somebody please give me some direction?

No comments:

Post a Comment