Friday, October 8, 2010

Yarn Bombing, part II and Knitting Retreat!

This is going to be uber-quick. I finished the vase cover but it was too tall, so I frogged back about four rows and will bind it off again. Ta-Da... The nearly finished article. M, my director at work made a pretty cool suggestion yesterday (although at the end of the day near the end of the week we're all getting a bit punchy). She suggested a seasonal wardrobe for my little vase. Examples would include sports "outfits" for Sox and Pats game days (no offense to the C's and B's - I don't really follow hockey or b'ball), and a little something for the change of seasons... If I decide to do this, I'll be sure to share photos.
I'm leaving in a couple hours to head up to the Adirondacks for a knitting retreat. I should be packing, but if you've been following this blog for a while, you know that I hate packing. Packing for a knitting trip is even worse than normal packing. What do I take? Obviously, I take the projects I'm working on, but what if I want to do something else when I get up there? Do I take ALL my needles in case I need them? If so, I'll have to rent a bigger car. There is no computer up there, so I won't have access to the internet for patterns. Should I bring patterns and yarns for things in my queue in case I decide to knit them? If so, I'll have to rent a U-haul.
In closing, I'd like to just take a second and wish myself a happy divorce anniversary - seventeen years and counting. Marriage: the best reason NOT to plan a wedding.
Have a great LONG weekend - I'll take lots of pics up in the mountains. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Nice post and nice pictures! Can't wait until Italy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete