Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Boston Militia and Circular Needle Holders...

I've lived in the Boston area since the Spring of '94. Until yesterday I didn't realize that Boston had its own women's professional football team, the Boston Militia. Not only that, they are the 2010 Independent Women's Football League Champions! (Why didn't I know this? Is it because it's more important for me to know that Charlie Sheen is the world's biggest loser? Apparently so.) *Edit - The media thinks so, not me.* Anyway, one of my business partners is a wide receiver on the team, and they just picked up their championship rings on Friday night. I generally don't mention people by name in my blog, but in this case I would like to send my hugest congratulations out to Ginger Snow. You ladies Rock! I'm going to a game next year...who's with me??










How cool is this ring?



And now I move to the more mundane aspects of my life. Both the car and the H2O heater over at the loft have been repaired. I had to run over to adjust the water temperature, so I took my camera with me to continue the documentation of every aspect of my existence.








Here is my new water heater, which I have named Thor. (The old one was named Osvaldo b/c I was obsessed w/ traveling to Italy when I moved in there in '04. My fourth trip to Italy is planned for next fall, so Italy has been covered. My current obsession is moving to a new geographic and ancestral theme...Sverige.) Jag vilja min vatten varmeapparat till verk. Ja, Svenska. The only word I didn't know this that sentence was the word for heater (I want my water heater to work). Not too shabby.
Lastly, I'm going to talk about the circular needle holder I made this morning. I saw something like this somewhere recently, but I can't remember where, and I couldn't find it when I searched for it online. If anyone has seen it, please let me know and I will give proper credit in my next post.

The materials needed are one D-ring, about a yard of grosgrain ribbon, needle, thread, hot glue gun, binder clips, a measurement tool of some sort, and buttons for decoration if desired.





First I measured where I wanted the clips to go - I put mine 3 1/2 inches apart - and then hot glued the binder clips to the ribbon.





My clips are glued so that I can open them for use on large needles. If you look closely, you'll see that the clips are different shades of blue with decorations on them. I got them at Staples, and if I wasn't such a freak about everything being blue, I would've bought the less expensive black ones.



Completed and hanging on the wall. I just threw a couple needles on there for display purposes. I'll measure all my circulars and put them in the appropriate binder clips, then post a pic next time.


That's it for today. Still working on getting the house organized since my room mate G moved back in last weekend. I'm making some real progress...I'll keep you posted. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment