Sunday, October 24, 2010

Janis update...

This will be a short post. I know I haven't checked in lately, but I've been crazed. I've had a bunch of trouble with my new car, the heat in the house hasn't been working, my room mate G moved back in yesterday after a year away, and now the water heater in the condo is shot. Sadly, I can't be in three places at once, because I think that would solve all my problems. Then again, maybe not.
There's not really too much I can say about the car. Everytime I mention it to anyone they start laughing, and frankly, I don't really think it's funny anymore. I'll need to tow it to the VW dealership in Braintree tomorrow morning to be there at 7AM. I made the appointment yesterday when my car had issues but would at least start and was driveable. This morning, I got the click, click, click of a car that has no intention of starting. I only have basic AAA, so it's going to cost me $45 to haul it down to Braintree and then I have to rent a car. Awesome. Of course this pales in comparison to the giant pain in the ass it's going to be for the plumbers who will have to replace the water heater in the condo tomorrow. The water heater is in a storage area above the bathroom and they'll have to climb 10 feet up a ladder to get there. I don't know how they'll get the old one down or the new one back up. The only other thing I have to say about the stupid water heater is that it was installed in Feb '04 and had a six year warranty. Do the math, and then ask me about the black cloud that is perpetually over my head.
On a brighter note, check this out:

New thermostat installed by moi! It has been freezing in this house, but I've had too much other crap to deal with to get it fixed. I actually thought the hvac was broken, but D suggested that I just get my butt over to Home Depot and try fixing it myself before calling in the cavalry. My furnace is gas, so it kicked on even before I turned the electricity back on. I yelled up to G, "Hey G - you smell that?" She said, "Yeah, what is it?" "It's HEAT!"

This post isn't quite as short as I thought it would be.
Ready for the Janis update? This was what it looked like when I got back from the Adirondacks. The strip in the middle is the waistband.













G just took this pic of me. I'm about to start the neck shaping and then move on to the front. It's a cardigan, so obviously there are two front pieces. I might do the sleeves next to get them out of the way.
I'll keep you posted, but now I need to scoot. My sister H suggested I take a little time off from knitting to address some other issues in my life. I think I might actually take her advice...
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment