Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yarn Bombing, part 1 1/2

So my first idea wasn't so good. Keeping in mind that I'm bombing a cylindrical form, I ended up with an object that was more obscene than decorative. I'm not saying that obscene can't be decorative, but that's a conversation for another time. Back to the drawing board. I liked the idea of a knitted cover for the little vase, so I decided to knit the design INTO the cover and see how that goes. Here's my work in progress. I'm knitting directly from the old cover to the new cover... how handy. It might just be practice because silver and black would look better aesthetically, but the pink was the right yarn weight.

Turns out I have bronchitis, which really doesn't surprise me that much. I'm cleared to go to work in the morning (as long as I don't cough on anyone) but it's 3:30A and I've been up since 2:00A. Probably not going to be in such great shape when 6:30A rolls around. I'm not sure if this is a federal reg or state, but I got carded buying Mucinex. Seriously. (For those unfamiliar with the term, it means I had to provide proof of age before buying the product.) I can't imagine why anyone would purchase Mucinex for anything other than the reason intended. And, can you imagine if they did? Gross.
Munchie is driving me crazy. We're going back to bed. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment