Sunday, November 29, 2009

Not Very Restful for a Holiday Weekend...

Most of my holiday knitting commitments are done, so I won't blather on too much about knitting today...just a little at the end.
It is 9AM on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and I've already been up for a couple hours - primarily preparing to paint my spare room. This is the room I rent, and my housemate G moved out yesterday. I never painted this room when I bought the house in 2007, and I thought I'd give it some attention before trying to get someone new moved in on 1/1/10. The room was a forest green, and it needed to be brightend up.
I should mention that G did NOT trash this room; the guy that restored the house was a complete hack with the mud, and all the walls needed MAJOR TLC. Suggestion to all: if you need to redo the drywall, hire someone who actually does it professionally or the walls will look like total shit.

So I have two little girl hats, a little girl scarf, one and a half novelty scarves, and the Red Sox "B" stitching on my nephew's hat left to do before xmas. I had donated most of my novelty


yarn to the Boston Living Center, but had enough to put some decent combos together for scarf choices for my friend G (not to be confused w/ my former housemate G) to give to his mother and three sisters. Here are the two and one half novelty scarves that are
done. So I'm off to see G's new place and pick up my kitty carrier that I loaned her to move Mr. Bunny. Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment