Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rainy Saturday...

The weather today is just horrible. The former hurricane Ida is sitting over the Northeast, and the wind and rain are ridiculous. I had three things to do today...go to the grocery store, go to Home Depot for a(nother) remote control for a ceiling fan and knit. I headed out to the grocery store at 7:45A. I decided to go to the new Market Basket in Chelsea, even though it is ALWAYS a mobscene. I thought given the hurricane, the faint of heart would stay home and let me have the store to myself, but I was sadly mistaken. Quick story: I've never gone to the deli before (ever) because of the mass of humanity in front of the counter at all times. I came around the corner, looked toward the deli and was relieved to see comparatively few people waiting. I took a number... It was 01. (Before I tell you what number they were serving, I'll just mention that I needed one item: 3/4 lb of white Land O'Lakes American cheese.) They were serving number 76. THERE WERE 25 PEOPLE AHEAD OF ME! I guess if it wasn't raining, there would've been 75 people ahead of me. So the question is, did I wait for the cheese? Yes. It gave me a chance to practice my relaxation exercises. Kidding.


So I've made progress this week on one major deliverable (that's workspeak, sorry), and will be binding off today. It is my Tanis Gray inspired scarf done in Rowan Lima, and I love it. I hate to keep blathering on about this yarn, but it is just sick. (That's sick in a good way for those of you who need a translation.) I think it is the nicest yarn I've ever seen. The pattern and yarn compliment each other perfectly, so I will definitely knit this again.
I'm not sure what I'll cast on after I finish this today. Probably a little girl's Ugg-matching hat. I should be able to bang that out pretty quickly. Whatever I decide, there will be photos to follow. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment