Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Think I'm a Selfish Knitter...

I have holiday commitments to knit. I finished my Tanis Gray inspired scarf yesterday as planned and then wandered around aimlessly trying to figure out what to cast on. Yes, all I do on the weekends is knit as the house is falling down around me. (It's really not but it could be.) I knew I should cast on the French Market Bag I have to make for my mother, but there is a hat in the new Interweave Knits Accessories issue that is perfect for me. It would be an incredibly quick knit too. http://www.knittingdaily.com/media/p/36935.aspx I don't wear dreads, but I was thinking of sewing platinum braided extensions into the hat just because. Cute and funny, but no. It took all the willpower I had to cast on the FMB.
I did a circular cast on and have about four rounds done. This is probably the eighth or ninth French Market Bag I've knit. They make awesome gifts (and go quickly b/c it's just straight knitting) but at this point just about everyone I know has already received one. I'm using Cascade 220, and the primary color will be beige, but I haven't picked it up yet. The turqoise will be an accent stripe, so I thought I'd start with that. I'll also throw in a stripe of teal somewhere for good measure.
I'm making my weekly pilgrimage up to Yarns in the Farms to hang out for a couple hours. So I'll sign off. And speaking of Yarns in the Farms, the new Twist Collective is out and the models look VERRRRRRY familiar!!
http://twistcollective.com/2009/winter/magazinepage_021.php Here is my dear friend, J whose daughter A models most of the looks in the issue. Yay A! http://twistcollective.com/2009/winter/magazinepage_027.php Could she be any cuter?? I'm off to start my day...Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment