Friday, July 2, 2010

Stash Inventory/Organization Update

I'm in hell. That's the whole update.

I've been planning to give the yarn its own room for quite some time, but haven't gotten around to it. I've been hauling it up to the attic, and left unattended, it has been breeding up there. I was totally pumped this morning around 7:00 when I was bringing it all down, but by about 8:00 I was not so psyched.



This is what the yarn looked like when I got started this morning.




And after five hours of work, this is what it looks like now.
I've loaded 28 different yarns into Ravelry, which means they have been logged, counted, photographed and reloaded into a bin (based on either project or yarn). I need to get the hell out of Dodge, so I'm going to Target to get some more bins.
Heather's flight appears to have taken off on time. I was going to make guac, but didn't get around to buying the avacados. I also considered making nut brittle, but that is a holiday thing so I also blew that off. Now I feel kind of bad b/c there isn't a speck of food in this house. Luckily we're not opposed to restaurants.
Yesterday I bought this very cool book entitled No Idle Hands - The Social History of American Knitting. It's pretty cool; I'm in Colonial times right now. Who would've thunk it?? The history of knitting in America. Hmm.
Off to Target. Catch 'ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment