Friday, July 23, 2010

No Pictures Today...

I'm being bad. I'm at work, but I only have an hour and a half until my vacation begins. I've pretty much wrapped everything up and I'm in a holding pattern until I leave to have my hair done at 4PM.
You probably think it's been 10 days since my last post, but there was an extra one in there from Sunday that I pulled after the fact. I needed to do a MAJOR edit after posting (generally I'll go in and fix a typo or misspell if I find any) but blogger wouldn't let me. I got so tangled up and frustrated that I just deleted the entire post. AND sadly for all of you, it was loaded w/ all kinds of fun knitting pictures. Speaking of pictures, you'll never guess who knocked my camera off my desk and broke it. (Hint: Spoiled, obnoxious, siamese who feels compelled to break things if I'm not giving her enough attention.) I'm going to Seattle Monday, so if I can't get the duct tape to work its magic on the Nikon, I'll have to get a new one over the weekend. I'm being a little more realistic this trip in terms of what I'll actually knit, so I'm only taking two projects. Maybe three. I'm working on the Xenocryst Hat by Linda Shelhamer that's in the Knitscene that just came out. I'm using Cascade 220 in a heathered dark teal and I'm going to make a pair of Bella's Mittens by Marielle Henault (in the 220 doubled) to match. Both items are holiday gifts for my sister-in-law. She lives in NC, but it must be cold enough for mittens and a hat at least some of the time. The other project that I may or may not take with me is the Jubilee Scarf by Norah Gaughan. I started it May 1st, and it has been resting since I got home from Las Vegas on May 16th. Seriously. I took the baggie out of my suitcase, put it on the table in my bedroom and have not touched it since. Nice follow-though Hols. Anyway, I'm using Louisa Harding Mulberry for the Jubilee. (Sorry about the lack of links, but I'm being lazy.)
I'm very excited about my trip on Monday. Last year when I was out in Seattle, my friend S and I took a mini holiday up to Victoria, BC. This year we're taking a mini holiday here: http://www.alderbrookresort.com/ I've been practically dreaming about it...the peace...the quiet...the spa treatments...and no access to healthcare quality data! I couldn't analyze anything - even if I wanted to. YIPPEE!!
I'll try to get a post w/ pictures up before I leave. I have a bunch of lovely, yellow cherry tomatoes that I'd like to show off. After last year's blight, I only put in a couple tomato plants, but they're going crazy. I'll blather on more about the veggies at a later date. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment