Monday, June 28, 2010

Intermittent Blogger, That's Me

I can't get out of my own way lately. Somebody please get me an assistant; I feel like I'm burning my candle at five different ends. I tried all weekend to sit down and write this entry, but I just could not cram it in. I did some cool stuff over the weekend, but just once, I'd like to do nothing. Nah, I wouldn't do that; I'm an over-scheduler even on the weekends. Although - now that I think of it, Memorial Day weekend when I had the splint on my hand and couldn't knit for four or five days, I did nothing but watch movies for an entire Saturday. I think I'm the last person on the planet to see the movie Meet Joe Black...
So check out my radishes. How cute are they? These guys came out on Friday, and I've got about the same amount nearly ready that I haven't pulled yet. The only thing with having a gazillion radishes is that I have to eat a gazillion radishes. When I was picking just a few at a time, they were getting dehydrated in the fridge and I was tossing them before I could eat them. I discovered that if I put them in cold water (in the fridge) they stay hydrated and I get a couple extra days in which to eat them. Carrots, beets and swiss chard not ready yet. Many little tomatoes coming along, but they're still green. We were supposed to have thunderstorms this afternoon and evening, but nothing yet. I might have to go out and water which is a drag b/c it is about 90 degrees with oppressing humidity. My pansies are looking really desperate - they've gone limp and fallen over. I'll feel guilty if it doesn't rain and they die overnight.
If I wasn't typing, I'd be finishing up my Everyone's Doing It shrug by Megyn. I tried to add the link, but I couldn't do it. Her photo is on Ravelry, w/ a link to the pattern, so y'all have to go to Ravelry yourselves. I've altered the pattern to make half sleeves - I decided to do 41 rows of seed stitch but feel free to do 40.
I'm not totally wacked in the head - I had a to change yarns, and I wanted the ends to be in the back so I had to end the seed stitch on a wrong side row. I'm using Blue Heron cotton/rayon seed in Rain colorway which is sadly discontinued. These are Holly colors if I've ever seen them. I might have to try to corner the market on this colorway before it disappears forever. Only the best for my stash, right? I've never used this yarn before, but I really like it.
Alright. I need to scoot. I'm going out to water the pansies, coming in to take a 9:30 conference call and then going to bed. The shrug should be done tomorrow and I'll post pics on Thurs or Friday b/c I'm taking extra days off for the holiday! Yippee! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment