Sunday, May 2, 2010

New Project Alert!

I don't have a whole lot of time today, but I started a new scarf last night, and I wanted to get a couple shots of it up here and on Ravelry before I have to be in Arlington for 1PM lunch.
I'm guessing all of my readership resides in the US, so you've probably heard that Boston and the surrounding areas had a catastrophic water emergency yesterday. I'm in one of the communities that has to boil water. I saw on the news that people were storming the stores to buy up all the bottled water, but I didn't even hear about it until 10:30 last night, and by then all the storming had happened 10 hours prior. My friends D and B were over for a knitting-while-watching-Dexter marathon, and we didn't hear anything about the gazillion gallons of drinking water that were lost. My friend D drank some of my water while she was here, so I hope she's okay. It really isn't that big of an inconvenience b/c it's just me and the cats. If I had a family I suppose it would be more problematic. The biggest annoyance I had last night was brushing my teeth with Polar Triple Berry seltzer water.
So here's my scarf: Jubilee by Berroco. http://berroco.com/exclusives/jubilee/jubilee.html
I'm using Louisa Harding Mulberry (100% silk) in shade 02, which is silver/gray. I cruised through my first 16 rows of the pattern then looked at what was supposed to be a 2 stitch garter stitch border, and had botched on row six. Loser. I don't screw up the lace pattern, I can't remember to knit two stitches are the end
of each row. Duh. So I had to frog the 16 rows and start again. Sadly, I have only an inch to show, but I'll have a decent amount done the next time I post pics.
Gotta scram, but I'd like to welcome L to my readership. Thanks for stopping by!
I need to hop in a shower of bathable but not drinkable water...

No comments:

Post a Comment