Sunday, April 25, 2010

Finished Object Alert!

Yup...I'm still here. I've just been really busy lately; I've barely had time to knit and certainly haven't had a spare second to do a blog entry. I'm on vacation the week of May 10th, and plan to get LOTS of knitting done. For everyone who has been following the painfully slow progress of my twirly skirt since last July: I will post photos of the completed skirt sometime the week of May 17th. I'm going on three airplane rides, and the skirt will be the official carry-on project. Twirly is my most traveled UFO. It's been with me to Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia and the Adirondacks. In two weeks it'll see rural Indiana and Las Vegas. Sheesh.
I've been working on a Cable and Lace Pullover (by Cecily Glowik MacDonald) which is coming along. I love the pattern and it knits up really quickly. No photos of that I'm afraid. Next time.

I just knit another Darkside Cowl (by Sarah Fama) because I was looking for some immediate gratification. I'm not sure what I'll do with it - it'll probably be a holiday gift. Yes, I'm starting my holiday gifts.

I have an update on my flooded condo. (Remember the idiot in the unit above who broke his toilet??) I got the estimate from my contractor and we're looking at over $35K in damage. I should've beaten the crap out of that guy when I had the chance. Since he was completely incapacitated as a result of drug and alcohol over-use, a) he wouldn't remember a beat down and b) I'd feel much better right now. I should've definitely taken his dog. Jerk.
Well, that's all for today. I have to post the cowl to Ravelry and step away from the computer. Bye.





No comments:

Post a Comment