Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wow. Have some rain...

I forgot to turn the clocks ahead, so it seemed pretty strange when I woke up at 8:30. To help me sleep on weekend mornings, I've been kicking the cats out of my room around 4:30 when they start to stir. Unfortunately Munchie's screaming isn't kept out of the room by the closed door. If it wasn't so disruptive it would be funny. Does anyone know a siamese whisperer? I need an intermediary to tell her to knock it off.

Last weekend was beautiful - so I'm glad I went over to walk around Deer Island. Here are a couple pictures that I promised:
First, the clean harbor memorial. I totally dig this memorial. The inscription reads: The law secures to the people the right to a clean harbor. Indeed. There's our clean harbor in the background.



So here are the new wind turbines I mention last week. I wonder how much of the plant's power is generated on site.




And here is my town. Everthing looked so nice last week, and this week I think the whole place is going to float right into the ocean. No need to worry about my sump pump...it's getting a workout, but unless I lose power for the day, the basement will remain nice and dry.

I have so much to do. I'm going to Chicago on Wednesday for a conference until Friday. It's presented by IHI (Institute for Healthcare Improvement) and the topic is Building a Quality Measurement System That Works. I generally don't talk too much about work because for work I have to use the half of my brain that's not fun OR funny. Anyway, I need to pack. I have to hit Target for travel size stuff, do laundry, and get some food in the house for my friend G (who is staying here w/ the cats for the three days). I'm meeting D and B to drive up to Yarns in the Farms at 12:30 (yes, in a monsoon) so I should head over to the grocery store now. It's just so gross out.

So I finished my bulky sweater. Or, I thought it was done (all my ends were woven in and everything) when I put it on for D to take a picture, and we realized that one sleeve was shorter than the other. Shit. I knew immediately that I had left out a seven round decrease repeat. Such a stupid error. I just counted wrong. Now I have to frog the ribbed cuff, add the stupid seven rows, and reknit the cuff. What a pain; I was so careful about counting my decrease repeats, but oviously not careful enough. Here is the picture - it's the right sleeve that is screwed up.
Yesterday I visited a new yarn store. I'm mentoring my friend J as she knits her first felted bag. She lives out in Maynard, so we had a lovely breakfast in Marlboro, and then hit Knit Purl in Sudbury. http://knitpurlsudbury.com/ Very nice store. I got in and out of there without buying anything - although J was kind enough to buy me a skein of Lamb's Pride Worsted in a beautiful seafoam green. Thanks J!
I have to go to the grocery store, so I'm signing off. Nightmare. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog. We should have taken pictures today. I will remind you next time we go on an adventure. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, no new blogs! You need to keep up missy. D

    ReplyDelete