Saturday, December 18, 2010

New Project Alert

I've been taking a break from knitting for about a month to save my sanity. I have so much other stuff going on that I just can't deal with my projects. On top of everything else, this week I had to cram two 60 minute physical therapy appointments into a schedule with zero free bandwidth. This will be an ongoing addition so that I can deal with my hips. Sadly, the only time I have available for PT is 6:30 in the morning, so I have to leave the house at 5:45 to make it there on time. (Yes, really.) I'm enduring my second raging case of bilateral trochanteric bursitis in three years. I have arthitis in my hips, and the recurring bursitis is secondary. Pain in the ass...but not exactly.
Anyway, I received a gift certificate to a yarn store near my office on Thursday, and poking around the store made me want to start a new project. I currently have only one active thing on the needles - Janis Joplin Jacket by Jill Stover. I'm getting really concerned b/c my Stay-Put Wrap by Mags Kandis (WIP) is missing, and I think my cleaning lady threw it out...or else she hid it really well. Total bummer. Anyway, I didn't spend the gift certificate. I decided to pick out a pattern first and see if I could use yarn in my stash. The winning pattern is Tenley by Mona Schmidt, and I had enough of the Briggs & Little Atlantic already. Wow. Shopping in my own yarn store - what a concept. I can use the gift certificate on the needles I need, as the pattern calls for a 40" size 9 , and I don't have one laying around. I did my gauge swatch last night, so I'm serious...I'm doing it. I'll keep you posted.
On Thursday I contacted a breeder in Texas who is looking for a permanent home for a retired stud. His name is GC Felitan Windtalker of Eireannach and I want this cat. Windtalker. He's a Blue Oriental male, and would be a nice playmate for my Lavender Oriental female, Sinergia's Princess Violet of Tlu (aka Munchie). He is stunning; I just love his face. I haven't heard anything back yet, so I hope he's still available. I'll keep you posted on that as well. I'm pretty sure there's a disappointment in my future on this one. I've been trying to find a breeder who has blues, and it's not as easy as you'd think.

Gotta scram. I have about 20 things to do this weekend, including making at least two batches of pecan/almond brittle. I only make it around the holidays, and it's spectacular if I do say so myself. Just one more example of me missing my calling. I should be in the peanut brittle business. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment